ICON provides a comprehensive menu of testing services to support your clinical trial requirements
Over 98% of the testing services sponsors require are performed in ICON laboratories. Our comprehensive test menu includes:
- Clinical chemistry
- Urinalysis, toxicology
- Bacteriology, virology, mycology
- Flow cytometry, CTC, ELISPOT, PBMC extraction
- HLA typing
- Pathology, immunohistochemistry, whole slide imaging
ICON's globally harmonised testing facilities offer our clients standardised testing platforms with consistent test methodologies and result reporting. Our laboratories are accredited by the College of American Pathologists and hold numerous other regional licenses and certifications.
DNA extraction capabilities
For sponsors requiring support for DNA extractions, we have developed procedures that produce high quality and high yield DNA. ICON Central Laboratories offers two methods for DNA extractions - modified salt precipitation and high quality RNA.
We also offer a diverse menu of nucleic acid extraction, sample processing, and de-identification capabilities. ICON Laboratory Solutions can also provide various quality control procedures to assist in the determination of quality and quantity of isolated nucleic acid. With options to use state-of-the art automation to accommodate larger batch sizes, as well as manual methods to extract from precious or difficult sample types, we can provide support for any size study.
Specimen storage services
ICON Central Laboratories offers the following sample storage facilities in our wholly-owned laboratories in North America, Europe, Singapore and China:
- Ambient, refrigerated-20˚C, -70˚C, -80˚C, and -150˚C (liquid nitrogen) freezers; electronically monitored and alarmed to ensure temperature control
- Significant storage capacity
- Secure access to storage areas
- Fully protected by backup generators
- Full chain of custody procedures
- Query management procedures
- Manifesting and tracking of outbound specimens
- Dedicated project setup and management teams
- Pharmacogenomic extraction services
ICON's Sample Inventory Management System (SIMS) is an interactive reporting module in ICOLabs for use by Sponsors and study teams. It offers near real-time, high level traceability of all patient samples in a clinical trial (utilising ICON barcodes) as they move from accessioning through disposition. SIMS provides detailed sample inventory reports and graph/table based summaries of sample status and location with drill down capabilities.