A full service approach to patient reported outcomes through all stages of drug and device development
ICON Patient Centred Sciences comprises expertise spanning four decades of innovation and research on directly engaging with patients across the entire healthcare landscape and through the entire treatment lifecycle.
Bringing together ICON's expertise and the legacy of the Mapi Group and Oxford Outcomes, we deliver a full service approach to patient centred outcomes, including the development, validation, licensing, translation, cultural validation and analysis of patient reported outcomes (PROs).
Services over the product life cycle
We help pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies at every stage of the development process from endpoint selection and PRO development, to use in clinical trials, through post-approval work and publications.
Our experts negotiate with international drug regulatory agencies and health care payers regarding the appropriate use of patient reported information in clinical trials, drug approval and drug reimbursement. We have experience in over 200 different therapeutic areas, work in over 200 different languages and have the world's largest database of PRO and other clinical outcomes assessments (COA). Services include:
- Patient Centred Outcomes – COA selection, design & validation; application of COAs in health research; analytics and synthesis of COA data; COA dossiers for regulatory submissions
- Clinical Outcomes Technologies – Instrument verification; COA e-platform interface design; electronic migration; COA vendor management; patient centric technology solutions
- Language Services – Document translation, transcription, voice-overs, desktop publishing, linguistic validation
- Clinical Assessment Management – COA acquisition & licensing for use in clinical trials; instrument management; printing & distribution; licensing & copyright compliance; collaboration; collaboration
- Access to Mapi Research Trust - ICON is the leading sponsor of Mapi Research Trust, a non-profit organisation with more than 4,000 COAs and over 40,000 COA translations