Value strategy consulting, specialising in innovative, patient focused access solutions
ICON is an industry leader in strategic market access, with expertise in all major global markets, helping clients to define, capture and communicate the value of medical therapies for optimal commercial results and treatment availablity for patients. We combine strong local market expertise with a global perspective, giving our clients an edge in supporting mission-critical pricing needs.
A global value strategy consultancy
ICON offers leading and strategic global pricing and market access insights, combining scientific analysis and assessment with commercial research and insights to deliver interdisciplinary integrated scientific and market access roadmaps for pharmaceutical or medical device products
Delivering holistic and actionable strategies
Our project teams are structured to solve client challenges and drive greater patient access. Every project is led by a senior industry expert to deliver practical, powerful and disruptive strategies. ICON leverages in-depth pricing and market access expertise with integrated, cross functional work with health economic, value communications, patient centered outcomes, real world evidence, regulatory and clinical teams to ensure holistic and actionable strategies.
Our analytical framework applies a hypothesis based approach to strategy development, supported by validated methodologies to accurately assess product value and inform strategy development. Examples of the varied solutions we deliver include:
- Therapy Positioning - to evaluate competitive environment and validate optimal positioning with KOLs and payers
- Value, Pricing & Access - to assess HTA potential and payer list price and access expectations. Define the price-access trade-off
- Contracting and Net Price - to identify contracting opportunities and guage payer interest in varied contracting approaches, and to determine payer net price expectations
- Prescriber & Patient Price Sensitivity - to asses how prescribing and utilization are impacted by physician price sensitivity and patient willingness to pay
- Revenue Optimisation - to develop models to measture the impact of payer, physician and patient price sensitvity on utilization and revenue
Partnerships for additional insights
We maintain a strong network of stakeholders that can be leveraged to validate findings and develop additional insights.
- In-house pricing, market access and HTA content experts who hold advanced degrees including PhDs, PharmDs, MDs, MBA, MPH, and MS
- A proprietary established global advisory network, ACCESS LINE™, of 8000+ Health Technology Assessment, payer, population health and hospital decision makers in core mature and English-speaking secondary markets (US, EU5, Canada, Australia)
- Collaboration with trusted alliance partners to support our research in non-English speaking markets, such as Japan and Taiwan, and emerging markets such as Brazil and China