Making it easier for the patient in the evolving environment of COVID-19
Reducing patient burden has never been so important as we navigate through a global healthcare crisis. Making it convenient for the patient to continue assessments and stay engaged in the trial will support the patient and help you to keep your trial on track.
Accellacare In-Home Services (formerly Symphony Clinical Research) can be provided in all phases and a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Some of the benefits include:
- Increased patient retention – patients are less likely to drop-out as participating is so much easier for them
- Improved compliance – with more individual attention, support and oversight, patients are more likely to remain compliant with their trial regimen
- Accellerated patient enrollment – patients will consider participation because of the option to interact with study staff either at home or in more convenient locations
Accellacare In-Home Services has successfully deployed these services for a range of clinical trials and has a comprehensive network in 55+ countries throughout the world.
Webinar: In-home visits to reduce patient burden
The FDA guidance on clinical trials during COVID-19 advised sponsors to evaluate alternative methods for safety assessments to protect patients, where necessary and feasible.Watch the webinar recording
Solutions are tailored to specific study requirements, patient populations and include the following options:
- Study drug administration (infusion, injection, topical, oral)
- Collect blood samples (PK/PD, Safety Labs) and process with portable centrifuge
- Collect urine and other biological samples
- ECG test and device management
- Patient training and education for self-administration
- Body system assessments
- Administer patient questionnaires, or check for completion
- Check for changes in health, hospitalization, or concomitant medications
- Record vital signs, height and weight
- Complete visit documentation
- Medical waste disposal
- Source and manage ancillary supplies for in-home visits
Contact us today to find out how reducing burden in clinical trials can improve predictability in clinical trials.
In-Home Services blogs
Minimise COVID-19 impact with In-Home Services
Adapting clinical trial protocols can help to keep participants enrolled.
Making the move to virtual clinical trials late-phase research
A guide to conducting late-phase research directly with patients.
Patient participation in multiple clinical trials
Successful clinical trial recruitment requires a thorough understanding of the target patient profile.